Art Direction, Photography, Sponsored Content Production, Video, Animation
STYLEDEFINED NYC was created with a unique mix of style, nightlife and personal point of view, and quickly "developed a cult following by New York’s riotous underground tribe." (ID Magazine) It began as a photographic essay on streetstyle and fashion that transformed into an online magazine with over 200k+ unique visitors worldwide monthly. It began in 2008 and I sold it in 2014 and stayed on as a consultant for one year.
Over this period I
- Art directed site design and visuals
- Posted original content 6x/week - no republishing or aggregating from other sites
- Oversaw and directed contributing writers
- Supervised a team of six every NYFW – coordinating schedules, securing invitations, managing back-end content
- Built and operated social media accounts -Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Created sponsored content without compromising the aesthetic or voice of the site
Site appeared regularly on lists of top Fashion Blogs including The Huffington Post, French Vogue, and Time Out NY and was recognized as a valuable contributor to the fashion conversation by industry leaders such as Zink and Glamour Magazine.